The 2010 Dreamboat Christmas Party!
Every year Dreamboat Records has had a small Christmas party. This year we thought we’d change things and have a BIG Christmas party. We have teamed up with 24/7 magazine and Rise Independent Record store and put together a collection of our favourite acts and DJs like This Is The Kit, Gravenhurst, Adam Buxton, The Rollercoaster Project, Colorama and many more — all to play over a week at Bristol’s Start The Bus venue.
We will have a our merch table there all week, with records, new t-shirts and plenty of Dreamboaty treats. On top of that all week the Bristol illustration collective Inkygoodness will be displaying work inspired by the theme Dreamboat created by 28 artists from across Europe. Buy tickets at Bristol Ticket Shop, on the door (cheaper by 50p), or you can win a week’s pass with 24/7 magazine. We’ll see you there!
- Fri 10 Dec (tickets £3.50) — Wonderfully Courteous Gentlemen/SJ Esau
- High octane WCG’s deep & dancy electronic sound (“Not at home until they are playing the main stage at a festival” — Venue). Supported by SJ Esau’s (Anticon) unearthly blend of organic and wonky electronics (“Impressing with a unique and unexpected texture” — Pitchfork)
- Sun 12 Dec (tickets £4.50) — This is the Kit/Song Wars Launch Party
- West-country and Parisian folk from the ever-rising radio favourite This Is The Kit (Dreamboat), with a quiz hosted by Adam via the magic of video, with signed A&J prizes for the winners.
- Mon 13 Dec (tickets £4.50) — Gravenhurst/The Rollercoaster Project
- A rare hometown headline gig from Gravenhurst (Warp) with the chance to hear new material from the upcoming album. Joined by London Drone Pop master The Rollercoaster Project (Dreamboat) (“The Rollercoaster Project is one worth joining, epic pop” — Vice Magazine)
- Tue 14 Dec (tickets FREE!) — Colorama/9 Bach
- A night featuring the best Welsh bands around. 9Bach bring incredible arrangements of traditional Welsh songs (“exquisite & highly original” — The Guardian). Joined by psych-pop Colorama whose giddy critical acclaim would fill a room on its own.
- Wed 15 Dec (tickets FREE!) — Slaraffenland/The Termites
- Multifacetted orchestral pop from Denmark’s Slaraffenland (“At its brightest its like a cleverer Kissaway Trail. At its most pensive, its more compelling than the new National” — Drowned In Sound). Joined by hometown band The Termites.